5 Good Reasons Why
the TPP is a Bad Idea
- It's being negotiated in secret.
- Political and corporate interests are represented in the neogtiations, but there are NO representatives from labor. Or human rights groups. Or environmental grooups.
- We've been through this before. NAFTA was supposed to produce thousands of new jobs. Instead it speeded up the removal of manufacturing jobs from the USA, and allowed Canadian and US mining and agribusiness to destroy small family farming in Mexico.
- Like NAFTA, the TPP would allow foreign companies to sue to overturn national laws protecting the environment, working conditions, and jobs.
- The TPP would extend big pharma's patents, keeping the price of drugs high and oftentimes out of reach around the globe
For More Information About the TPP Click Here and Here or even Here